UNIDO VOCATIONAL TRAINING CENTRES, SUDAN
In 2008 the United Nations Industrial Development Organization began a project to enhance the capacity of Khartoum state vocational training services.
As part of this project five vocational training centres in and around Khartoum were rehabilitated and re-equipped.
The faculties installed across these five centres included Building and Construction, Automotive, Information Computer Technology, Electronics, Welding, Machining and Heating, Ventilation, Air-conditioning and refrigeration.
EduTeq provided support to the vocational training centres for the visit of Dr. Abd AI. Rahman Al Khider, the Governor of the State of Khartoum, in July 2009 and the official inaugurations by His Excellency President Omar al Bashir and His Excellency the Vice President in February 2010.
|Faculties:||Automotive Training Tools & Machinery, ICT Tools for Basic and Advanced Computer Courses, Electronic Training Tools and Related Machinery and Training Tools and Related Equipment for HVAC/ Refrigeration|
During the period 2008 – 2009, EduTeq were responsible for:
- Tendering under rigorous ICB terms and condition
- Global Procurement
- Client Relationship Management
- Logistics ManagementConsolidation and packing
- Equipment Acceptance Protocols and Installation
- Commissioning and Break-in Testing
- Preventative Maintenance Training
- Third party Inspections
- Support during Presidential visits and inauguration ceremonies
for the following workshops:
- Automotive Training Tools & Machinery
- ICT Tools for Basic and Advanced
- Computer CoursesElectronic Training Tools and Related Machinery
- Training Tools and Related Equipment for HVAC/R
In addition, EduTeq’s experienced installation personnel provided consultation and support to the local contractors responsible for the civil and electrical remedial work required to bring the VTCs up to European standards.